Indian weddings are one of the most colorful events of Indian culture. They are usually associated with great joy, happiness, and celebration for both families involved in it.
The groom’s perspective about getting married is often not considered in the Indian society. In this section, I will be discussing the groom’s perspective about getting married from a traditional Hindu point of view.
In Hinduism, marriage is a social institution which has been created by God Himself and it is considered to be one of the most important stages in life. There are many rituals and ceremonies that are performed before and after the actual wedding ceremony. The bride and groom are supposed to follow these rituals for their own good as well as for the welfare of their future family members.
The groom is usually the one who is keen to get married. He is excited about the prospect of being a husband and all the benefits that come with it. The groom is more likely to be in control of the wedding and he may even have a say in who his bride will be.
The groom’s perception about getting married differs from person to person. Some are eager to find their soulmate, while others are just going through the motions because they feel obligated by society or their family.
The groom’s perception about getting married:
- Groom have good knowledge about Indian culture and traditions in order to understand what needs to be done in order to make this day special
- Groom is confident enough to take responsibility of his wife
- Mostly Groom’s are a good listener and respect his wife’s opinion
- Groom knows well that marriage is not just between him and his wife but also between their families
- He understands that marriage is not just about love but also commitment, understanding and compromise
There are many reasons why people get married, but one of the most common reasons is that they want to spend their lives with someone they love. Love and marriage go hand in hand.
The groom’s perception about getting married is that he wants to spend his life with someone he loves and cares for, which is what most people want when they marry