WEDDING TRADITION IN DIFFERENT CULTURES
India is a secular country, where different types of culture are being followed hereafter. Peoples take part in even small rituals with joy as it’s quite enjoyable and adorable. The bride and groom have to follow certain rituals which assure them lifelong happiness and an unbreakable bond. Wedding is not between two peoples it is locking a bond between two families starting a new relationship among them. With India being gifted with so many religions it has many different traditions too. Irrespective of religion all the tradition which are performed to all with more respect and enthusiasm.
There are two types of marriages:
- Civil marriage which goes without rituals and religious law nevertheless respected. It’s a kind of court marriage.
- Religious marriage, marriages employ a combination of both (religious marriages must often be licensed and recognized by the state).
There is a huge tradition to carry on a religious basis, but I want to highlight fewer as in my cage of knowledge.
- Muslim (Islamic) Tradition: Muslim marriage and Islamic wedding customs are traditions and practices that relate to wedding ceremonies and get into the rituals of the Muslim world(people) but they coordinately invite people of all religions and many friends and family of both the family members. They allow Bride and Groom should be Muslim. Bride wears a lehenga which is owed by her in law’s house on “Nikkah” and On “Walima” she wore the lehenga which is being selected by her own choice.
- Hindu Tradition: Hindu Wedding is full of rituals. A traditional Hindu wedding lasts from 3-5 days, every day keeps more than one ritual in which the whole family needs to take part. They invite Pandit (priest) to do all the rituals with respect to their customs. According to Hindu beliefs, once you are married, the bond is supposed to last for seven lifetimes. It is considered to be a turning point in an individual’s life as he enters the second important phase. Hindu weddings are long processes, with various rituals that may take days to be executed. Every single custom and practice in a wedding ceremony has deep philosophical and spiritual significance.
- Christain Tradition: Christain marriage is a marriage of people belonging to the Christian family. They have fewer rituals. Marriage ceremonies are to place in churches with witnesses to sanction their marriage to the last end of the ceremony. The Bride wore a white gown, now hereafter maybe the things got to change, could start wearing different ethnics or many more types of dresses.
- Manipuri Tradition: Manipuri is peaceful and cherishes on the same side. Manipuri’s wedding is like a formal engagement ceremony. For this ceremony, the groom’s family visits the bride’s family with food, fruits, gifts, clothes, and the ring. The bride wears a special dress which is being carried with her dons a skirt called “Raslila” on her wedding occasion. They don’t have show-off scenes but a kind of quite silent, No sound pollution is needed. All sets to the ritual are dominated by the Bride religion. They have joy moments very sweetly without DJs. All calm and silent in marriage.
India is the most democratic land in the whole world. They provide us so many different cultured weddings on the same platform, We needn’t go out of the Place. Weddings are celebrated with great blessings and enthusiasm. We can enjoy it with full joy and happiness.